Friday, August 12, 2011

My Creations


 



Wondering what has been keeping me busy? THE KITCHEN! When I'm not in the kitchen, all i wanna do is just sleep all day and watch TV. What a sad life huh? Nonetheless, here I am missing all of you and will make up for my loss of sharing to you all.

Ever since, I always wanted to become a great food stylist. I admit I am a sucker for beautiful plating and what nots. Being a chef student, I am quite aware of what's going on in one's plate. One thing I learned from my chef instructor is you have to follow the basic rules in food styling... BUFF

B- BALANCE
U- UNITY
F- FLOW
F- Focal Point

Remember everyone, think of your plate as an empty canvas awaiting to be painted on. Keep it simple as well... "Less is more" :)

Another inspiration of mine is Delores Custer. Here famous book, Food Styling, is really helpful. It's available in National Bookstore, Powerbooks, Fully Booked, etc. As I checked recently, a copy of her book costs around Php 5,000 (Approximately US$120). If you have the time, do take a look at her book :) 
Book Cover of Delores Custer

Delores Custer

To end this blog, I would like to share with you all some of my many work creations during the past 6 months. I hope you all enjoy the treat :)

Basic Rice Pilaf with Pan-Seared Cream Dori and Buttered Vegetables and Gravy 

Trio Dessert Platter (L-R) Creme Brulee, Crepe Suzette, Poached Pears in Red Wine Reduction Sauce with Grand Marnier Syrup Glaze


Pumpkin Pie Drizzled with Whipped Cream and Homemade Chocolate Maple Syrup Sauce

Cheese Souffle

Salade Nicoise

Praline Souffle with Creme Anglaise

Fluted Button Mushrooms A La Grecque

Grand Marnier Souffle with Creme Anglaise

Paris Brest

Open-Faced Tartufo Ravioli with Asparagus-Truffle Puree and Pan -Seared Chicken Breast

Photos and Dishes prepared by: Yours truly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment