Sunday, October 24, 2010

North Park

Freshly Squeezed Lemonade
North Park has been around for quite sometime now. I remember when I was younger how my mom would treat my siblings and I to North Park after office hours. This was around 1996 when it hasn't expanded yet. It was located in Jupiter Ave. in Makati. And yes, there were lots of people already. The first meal I ordered back then was plain congee with chips and lemonade. Up to today, I patronize the plain congee dish and their freshly squeezed lemonade.

A couple days back, my hubby and I decided to eat in North Park, Town Center for lunch. We ordered our favorite Chinese rice, Salted Fish Fried Rice, Beef and Tendon Hot Pot, and Steamed Dumplings. The rice was heavenly as usual. I didn't quite care for the peas as to me it removes the saltiness of the rice. The beef and tendon hot pot was great. Although the meat was quite tough, it still tasted delicious. The tendon was really soft which makes it easy for digestion. The dumplings tasted quite funny. There was some sort of an after taste that sort of stuck for a while. I didn't really like the dumpling so much. And of course, the lemonade, was the best. It was thirst quenching. The service in North Park, Town Center was all right. There was one waitress though that was quite rude. Good thing she wasn't assigned to our table.

Salted Fish Fried Rice
A few days later, my hubby and I decided to try North Park in South Supermarket. We still ordered the salted fish fried rice, beef and tendon hot pot and lemonade. We also ordered 3 Kinds of Mushroom with Broccoli and Chicken Feet. It was going to be my first time to eat chicken feet (Yes, I'm Chinese but I never really tried the exotic dishes). The rice tasted the same, and the proportioning was the same too. However, the beef and tendon hot pot's portioning was like half compared to that of Town Center. The beef though was more tender which made it easier for us to eat. Other than that, everything was the same. The chicken feet was quite hard to eat... So much bones and all. In my opinion, nothing so great about it. The 3 Kinds of mushroom with broccoli was a healthy dish. Too healthy that all I tasted were the greens. The sauce was too little and wasn't too tasty. If a little more sauce were added to the dish, it would have been all right to eat.


Steamed Dumplings


Beef and Tendon Hot Pot

Chicken Feet

3 Kinds of Mushroom with Broccoli

For Delivery within Metro Manila, dial 73737

Menu:



Locations:

Website:
http://www.northpark.com.ph/

Photos Taken by: My hubby and Yours truly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment